And we're done!
In 27 hours and 29 minutes via Unity Engine.
The goal with this game was to learn Item Pooling (see earlier devlog) and other optimisations for webgames. I think it's semi succesful, but I also found out the Unity's AudioMixers don't really work in WebGL. So swings and round-abouts.
In the beginning the idea was BlamDodgeSkid. Tapping would shoot and dodge but holding would produce a shoot, dodge, and then skid until the player let go of the key. But this didn't really feel very useful and players hardly enjoyed it. So I shorted it to two different levels of shoot-dodging. We also added a larger, stronger enemy to keep the same level of complexity.
The sprites were provided by the lovely Joe Wood, an animator in the Bristol-based company Rumpus Animation.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.